Astrology, Setting Goals to Keep New Year Resolutions Part 1 of 2
with Rich Milostan Astrologer
How many times do you make resolutions for a New Year only to have them doomed to failure? Usually this is because resolutions may not be made with a plan of action.
Goal setting, on the other hand, implies setting up strategies for achievement. Astrologically, each sun sign has a little different approach to goal achievement. I first recommend you have a standard method. This can be found on many books on success.
Then by looking on your sun sign, additional clues can be found to help you attain your particular desire. Naturally, because so many other factors make you a unique individual, having your own chart done gives you the best individual picture.
Read this goal format which follows then the Sun Signs in my next article for additional insights. Then try the method on your chosen goal.
1. Write your goal on paper. List directly below it the benefits you can think of which come from achieving the goal. Find a picture of it, if possible, or create a composite that expresses it on poster board. Writing it down and looking at it daily fixes it firm in your mind.
2. On the same piece of paper list the things you need to do, or get, in order to attain your goal. Set down the steps needed such as taking classes, setting aside a nest egg, joining appropriate groups, buying proper equipment or rearranging your schedule. Even having more spiritual faith can help.
3. List the things you need to eliminate which may sidetrack you or cause a conflict in goal achievement; ex. less interesting or conflicting side-interests, wasteful spending habits, or people who discourage you (if this is not possible, a side goal would be learning ways to diffuse their influence).
4. Say daily, "I am achieving this goal" (affirmation). Before retiring, spend some time reviewing the benefits to be gained and picture yourself as having achieved your goal also. Set up what you would do toward it the next day. Program your mind before sleep for a successful day to follow. DO NOT permit yourself to go to sleep with negative thoughts, for that could be your mental preparation.
5. Consult with trusted, positive people only. Entertain productive people only. Work with people who have same energy goals. Eliminate energy draining people.
6. Do not tell everyone your goals; it drains the psychological energy required for attainment. You must ignore people who say you can't do it.
7. Examine your progress periodically. If your not making gains, some information may be missing or your steps may need some revision. DO NOT CRITICIZE YOURSELF.
8. Watch out for people who just tell you to visualize the end result and it will come. If you want a new car, you have to the money first.
9. Remember to be realistic. Their will always be delaying cycles; use them to tidy up your planning. Fit your goals to your interests and abilities, not someone else's expectations. Some goals take more time then others to achieve, plan for it. It's only on TV that setbacks are resolved in a half hour. Don't destroy on the way. If a new weight goal is your way, be practical in expectations.
10. Most important is "attitude of gratitude" for yourself as well as others. Express appreciation to those who set the example you chose to follow. Say thank you to all who help and encourage. To yourself give pats on the back - "Good job, (your name)!" You won't need to brag. Your satisfaction in a job well done will be duly noted, and others may seek your advice on how to do it.
To set up an Astrological and Psychic Consultation with Rich including the Tarot for your year 2014 I can be reached at 1-248-528-2610. I also do phone readings and can mail a taped reading to anyone you may know in the U.S.